There are 2 ways you can give someone a task.
- When you are typing in your task, if the other person uses Tribe, type in their handle (ex. @KathyDoulgas) and select their name from the dropdown. This will assign that task to another person. When you create the task, the handle will disappear, but the task will be assigned to them.
- When you are typing in your task, if the other person does not use Tribe, type in their email address in the “To” field.
Then, Tribe will ask you what their name is to customize the task before it goes out.
You will see a preview of the email they will get in the bottom part of the right side “New Task Panel”. Feel free to edit that message as you like!
If a task has already been created, but you want to assign it to someone else or reassign it here’s what you do.
- If you are assigning a task to someone that uses Tribe with you, edit the message of the task and add your friend’s handle (ex. @KathyDouglas), choose the dropdown selector and save that task.
Then the task will have been reassigned to this new person, and Tribe will record that you reassigned the task.
- If you are assigning a task to someone that does not use Tribe with you,
- click on Connections/Details
- click on the “To” field
- click the X (under the save icon)
- type in any email address you like
- Click Save! And that’s it
Was this article helpful?
You must log in to vote