We made Tribe’s workflow to help you organize your work for you in 2 ways.
Tasks are sorted in Tribe by Later-Soon-Now-Late-Done from Left to Right. We do this to let you load up the left hand side with lots of tasks due later, and have a select section for those tasks that are due now.
At any time, click on the column name and see the dashboard focus for you, only showing you those tasks.
The first way you can use Tribe is metaphorically. If a task is due Later or Soon in your mind, meaning it doesn’t necessarily have a due date, then put that task in that column and thats it! It will stay there until you move it yourself. This is a great way to “brain-dump” ideas and tasks that don’t necessarily have a due date, and won’t let you forget about them.
The second way your tasks are sorted are by Due Date. If you assign a task a due date, then Tribe will sort that task for you so that you see what you need to see, when you need to see it.
- If a task is farther than 7 days away, Tribe will put that task in the Later column
- If a task is Less than 7 days away, Tribe will put that task in the Soon column
- If a task is due in 1 day, Tribe will put that task for you in the Now column
- If a task is late, Tribe will bold that task and place it in the Late column
- If a task is completed, Tribe will put it for you in the Done column